Riley to announce computer code camp for students | News
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - A new year-round program in Charleston is designed to help students learn open source computer code used in mobile, social media and Web technologies.
Mayor Joe Riley on Thursday is announcing the new program being called CODEcamp.
It's being launched with the help of the high-tech companies that make up the city's digital corridor.
The idea is to expand the local talent pool for high-tech companies that operate in the area.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Top James Island Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Charleston man remembered after losing battle with Cystic Fibrosis
- Suspect sought for breaking into car, using victim's credit cards
- Deputy, woman released from hospital after W. Ashley wreck
- Local commuters participate in National Bike to Work Day
- Woman killed after crashing into parked car in West Ashley