Law enforcement to increase DUI patrols on Folly Rd. Saturday | News
JAMES ISLAND, SC (WCSC)- Charleston County Sheriff's Office will ramp up patrols on James Island Saturday just in time for Skinful Halloween 2012.
Officials announced Thursday that an increase in traffic enforcement is to be expected on the island Saturday, October 27 between the hours of 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. This increase includes DUI saturation patrols and safety checkpoints.
Members of the Charleston County Sheriff's Office Traffic Division and HEAT Unit (Highway Enforcement of Aggressive Traffic) will be out in full force, particularly in the areas of Folly Road and Riverland Drive.
Deputies are asking motorists to be aware of pedestrian traffic during this time, and to drive with caution.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top James Island Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cops: Charleston man attacked, pushed wife down stairs
- Plenty of craft beer on tap Saturday at the Charleston Beer Garden
- SCE&G: Heavy rope fell on Ravenel Bridge, broke three light poles
- Annual Southeastern Beard & Moustache Championships returns May 25
- Student reports threatening tweet to police department