Students dress for success during Red Ribbon Week | Schools
JAMES ISLAND (WCSC) - Doctors, firefighters, tennis players were just some of the occupations students at James Island Elementary school were dressed up as recently to celebrate Red Ribbon Week.
Students were allowed to dress up as the career of their dreams to promote healthy choices during Red Ribbon Week. The event taught children that success in school would lead to a bright future, allowing students to become the very occupation they dressed up as.
The students also took part in a number of other activities, including voting on the best healthy choice for school success and making posters of their favorite healthy choices.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top James Island Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Report: Motorcyclist tips bike over to get rid of drunk woman
- 'Little Shop of Horrors' hits the West Ashley HS stage
- West Ashley HS students pledge to 'W8 2 TXT', win 1,000 Subway subs
- Film documents Charleston FD's recovery after Sofa Super Store fire
- Holy City to announce Iron Brew II special ingredient tonight